?

Log in

bghost

> Recent Entries
> Archive
> Friends
> Profile
> My Website
> previous 10 entries
> next 10 entries

February 22nd, 2015


08:28 pm - Meme I stole from Seabroth.
1. What did you do in 2014 that you'd never done before?

I went to Canada! People, people! I fulfilled a lifetime dream and went to Canada!!!

And something else which... nah. I'll not tell you that. But it was fun!


2. Did you keep your New Years resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Uh. No. I'm not very good at that.

*resolutions for 2015:

Uh... dare I? No. No resolutions. Or none that I can keep.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Yes. My church was inundated with pregnancies, and five of the congregation had babies within a week of each other. (Starting when my friend Ride was visiting. She met three of the pregnant ladies - it must have looked like Village of the Stepford Wives.) I, on the other hand, did not give birth. Maybe it's because I've not been going to church much. I'm thinking it must be something in the communion wine. (Or it could be to do with the fact that I don't have sex with men. But that's the boring explanation.)

4. Did anyone close to you die?


Yes. My mother in law, Doreen, the last person who loved Neil as much as I do, and with whom I spoke most days. Also my next door neighbour and good friend Ted died. It was a bad year.

5. What countries did you visit?

CANADA!!! (Did I say CANADA!!!) Yes, CANADAAAAAA!!!!!! (Okay, so I was wrong. It was a good year.)

6. What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014?

A car. Don't tell my son though, he'll expect me to buy him one. (He would be my chauffeur.)

Or a husky. Sadly, my house is tiny, so I remain husky free.


7. What dates from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory?

I'm not good at remembering dates. I forget my own birthday.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Uhm... I finished Bookman at the start of the year, my most epic story arc yet, and probably the best thing I will ever write. I managed not to jump of a bridge.

And hey! Did I tell you? I got to CANADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Tags:

(2 comments | Leave a comment)

February 11th, 2015


05:03 pm - Answer for question 4234.
Do you prefer sunrises or sunsets? Describe a sunrise or sunset that sticks out in your memory. What were you doing? Who were you with (if anyone)?
You say 'sunrise' to a due South fan, and they will automatically think of the finale of the season - Fraser and RayK setting forth into the Arctic on a dog sled to find the Hand of Franklin.

Of course, then you'll find us sobbing into our hankies, because the series is over, but that's what fanfic is for.

Real life sunsets - mainly when I was a kid, and my Dad would take us on adventures. Sunrise over the beach on the Isle of Sky, with my father, mother and brother, watching dolphins bob in the ocean, and shivering it was so cold. Sunset in South Africa, with my son, and the air a kind of dry warm I had never experienced before.

Sunrise the day after my son was born - I watched it through the hospital window. Not the most remarkable looking sunrise, but the single best one I've ever seen.

(Leave a comment)

January 29th, 2015


10:17 am
Day 01 - Ten random facts about yourself
Day 02 - Nine things you do everyday
Day 03 - Eight things that annoy you
Day 04 - Seven fears/phobias
Day 05 - Six songs that you’re addicted to
Day 06 - Five things you can’t live without
Day 07 - Four memories you won’t forget
Day 08 - Three words you can’t go a day without
Day 09 - Two things you wish you could do

Day 10 - One person you can trust

The one person I can trust - you guessed it: Séamus! It is a happy mother who knows she can entirely trust her son with anything.

When I've been poorly he's looked after me, he knows the number for my bank cards, and has never gone wild with it (he's bought groceries and cat food, sometimes phoned up and asked if he could borrow a tenner for a second hand video game, always pays me back.) He knows my secrets, he keeps my secrets, vice versa. (Though his secrets are so innocent they make me smile.) If I'm not well he gets my prescriptions for me, and he's helped me with my physio when I could barely walk. I can trust him to look after the cats, and to tell me when I'm being a bitch in the nicest possible way. He listens to me writing, he reads me what he's writing. When my meds have screwed up and I can't read a book he'll read it for me. (Unless it's dS porn. We both draw the line at that.)

The one thing he doesn't do is the dishes, and he breaks wind at the most inappropriate junctions, because he's a lad and he thinks it's funny. (Hell, even PG thought it was funny - there more fart jokes in dS than one would expect, I think it's a man thing.)

So, yup. This one was easy. Séamus.

Tags:

(3 comments | Leave a comment)

January 28th, 2015


06:31 pm - 10 Things
Day 01 - Ten random facts about yourself
Day 02 - Nine things you do everyday
Day 03 - Eight things that annoy you
Day 04 - Seven fears/phobias
Day 05 - Six songs that you’re addicted to
Day 06 - Five things you can’t live without
Day 07 - Four memories you won’t forget
Day 08 - Three words you can’t go a day without
Day 09 - Two things you wish you could do
Day 10 - One person you can trust

Wish I could live on a canal boat.
WIsh I could go to Canada for at least a year and travel the whole beautiful nation. (Or go live there forever on a houseboat and sail the great lakes... hang on, is that three things, or one? Combination of my two wishes...)

(1 comment | Leave a comment)

January 27th, 2015


03:09 pm - 10 Things
Day 01 - Ten random facts about yourself
Day 02 - Nine things you do everyday
Day 03 - Eight things that annoy you
Day 04 - Seven fears/phobias
Day 05 - Six songs that you’re addicted to
Day 06 - Five things you can’t live without
Day 07 - Four memories you won’t forget
Day 08 - Three words you can’t go a day without
Day 09 - Two things you wish you could do
Day 10 - One person you can trust

Three Words: (usually addressed to my son.) Mo graith thú.

Tags:

(2 comments | Leave a comment)

January 26th, 2015


05:30 pm - 10 Things (on my husband's birthday.)
Day 01 - Ten random facts about yourself
Day 02 - Nine things you do everyday
Day 03 - Eight things that annoy you
Day 04 - Seven fears/phobias
Day 05 - Six songs that you’re addicted to
Day 06 - Five things you can’t live without
Day 07 - Four memories you won’t forget
Day 08 - Three words you can’t go a day without
Day 09 - Two things you wish you could do
Day 10 - One person you can trust

Four things I won't forget:

The day my mother died.
The day my son was born.
The day I married Neil.
The day he died.

As Job said: God gives, God takes away. Blessed be the Name of the Lord.

Tags:

(Leave a comment)

January 25th, 2015


11:50 am - Ten things
Day 01 - Ten random facts about yourself
Day 02 - Nine things you do everyday
Day 03 - Eight things that annoy you
Day 04 - Seven fears/phobias
Day 05 - Six songs that you’re addicted to
Day 06 - Five things you can’t live without
Day 07 - Four memories you won’t forget
Day 08 - Three words you can’t go a day without
Day 09 - Two things you wish you could do
Day 10 - One person you can trust

Shall I be literal here, and go 'oxygen,' 'food', 'water'? I'll put these together to get them out of the way.
Books.
People. (Love 'em or hate 'em, I need someone to talk to.)
Music.
Studying something.
My son. He does not come under the general category of people, because he is so unique unto himself.

Tags:

(1 comment | Leave a comment)

January 24th, 2015


08:04 pm
Day 01 - Ten random facts about yourself
Day 02 - Nine things you do everyday
Day 03 - Eight things that annoy you
Day 04 - Seven fears/phobias
Day 05 - Six songs that you’re addicted to
Day 06 - Five things you can’t live without
Day 07 - Four memories you won’t forget
Day 08 - Three words you can’t go a day without
Day 09 - Two things you wish you could do
Day 10 - One person you can trust

Eek! I missed a day... Does that count?

Okay, at the moment these are the songs I'm addicted to. (Some of them I have been for years, and one of them is without lyrics.)

Tangled up in Blue, Bob Dylan
Dirt on the Ground, Tom Waites
Bi thusa mo shiule (allegedly, hopefully, in my daydreams, St Patrick, who at the very least seems responsible for the tune.)
due South, Jay Semko!
Sakura
Sarabande, by Francis Poulenc for Ida Presti.



Tags:

(5 comments | Leave a comment)

January 21st, 2015


04:13 pm - Ten Things About Me
Day 01 - Ten random facts about yourself
Day 02 - Nine things you do everyday
Day 03 - Eight things that annoy you
Day 04 - Seven fears/phobias
Day 05 - Six songs that you’re addicted to
Day 06 - Five things you can’t live without
Day 07 - Four memories you won’t forget
Day 08 - Three words you can’t go a day without
Day 09 - Two things you wish you could do
Day 10 - One person you can trust


The general one - spiders, and creepy crawlies. God knows why, some of them are very beautiful.
Living and dying alone and unloved
Doing nothing to make the world a better place
Crowded spaces and subteranean spaces.
Losing my faculties - being unable to play or appreciate music, not being able to read.
One which is so terrible that even to name it is to invoke it, so I'm not saying it here.
Having an episode in public.

(2 comments | Leave a comment)

January 20th, 2015


02:30 pm - 10 Things Challenge
Day 01 - Ten random facts about yourself
Day 02 - Nine things you do everyday
Day 03 - Eight things that annoy you
Day 04 - Seven fears/phobias
Day 05 - Six songs that you’re addicted to
Day 06 - Five things you can’t live without
Day 07 - Four memories you won’t forget
Day 08 - Three words you can’t go a day without
Day 09 - Two things you wish you could do
Day 10 - One person you can trust

People saying they'll do something, then making excuses. (Eg, computer guy putting me off for a week, then coming and doing a half-assed job on my computer.
My cats fighting each other.
The bus being late.
My inability to keep my house tidy.
Aggressive pop ups on my compuer.
My mood disorder.
People's attitudes to my mood disorder. (No, I am not an axe murderer.)
Having to take medicine for the rest of my life.
Feeling lonely all the time.

(3 comments | Leave a comment)

> previous 10 entries
> next 10 entries
> Go to Top
LiveJournal.com